The Kings University
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Content Creator manages multiple content and design projects with multiple parties while assisting the department with administration and other tasks as assigned.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- As led by the Director of Marketing and Communications, design quality graphics for social media, publications, events, flyers, banners, etc. that are up to date with current content and design trends.
- Assist with planning, interviewing for, and writing creative content for social media channels, blogs, website landing pages, emails and other marketing related needs to enhance the brand story and grow brand awareness.
- Collaborate with marketing team to strategize and produce creative audio, video, and text-based content for various print and digital formats that will grow brand awareness.
- Assist marketing team with website updates and content audits to ensure updates are accurate and timely.
- Support the marketing department in maintaining a professional and consistent brand image and voice.
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across departments. Establish and maintain professional communication and ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful (TKU Social Covenant).
- Utilize effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly both internally and publicly.
- Participate in professional development activities that are aligned with University, departmental and individual goals.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by governing entities (DOE, TRACS, ABHE, etc.); file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 2-year degree in Marketing, Journalism, Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in related field in higher education (preferred).
- In depth experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Experience with Wordpress or similar content management system.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Apple OS; basic camera skills.
- Strong customer service aptitude.
- Ability for critical and logical thinking, good judgement, and problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- High technical aptitude.
- Ability to adapt.
- Criminal Background Verification
- Maintain emotional control under stress with ability to work in high-intensity, fast-paced environment.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Academic Discipline:Creative Arts
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :